Go to the MySQL Databases section
Create New Database
- enter in a name. The first part is a number you can't change
- enter a password (make it good. Write it down)
- re-enter the password
- click Create Database
REMEMBER To write down teh password. You will need it later.
Make sure the new DB appears
It should appear below where you created the DB.
1. Click phpMyAdmin3 to view the PHP my Admin of your DB
You won't need to do much here but this is where we can confirm that the WordPress DB was created and you can also use it to back up your WordPress DB.
Go to wordpress.org (not .com)
Download the file
- Click to download the zip file
- you may wan to keep this page open to view the installation guide. You can also read the book.
In Go to your subdomain
You should have a folder named wordpress
email@example.com - FileZilla
Double Click on the name of your site
It should be on the right side, the "Remote" side
You should see an index.html file
You can delete this file
Go to the wordpress folder on the local side
- In the upper area find the folder you have for wordpress that you unzipped in the previous step
- Make sure you can see these files in the lower section as you see here
Select all of the files except the folder with the .. in front of it
Upload the files
Right click in a blank area and then select upload
If you haven't yet, delete the index.html file
Go to your site on the web
WordPress âº Setup Configuration File
You will need to know the following before clicking the button
Go back to your databases in the control panel for the information
- Database Name
- Database Username
- Database Host
- You should have writtten down the password from when you created the database
Now you can click to continue
Enter the DB information
- DB name
Leave the table prefix alone
5. Click Submit
Click Run the install
What you did now was just to set up the database stuff. Now the actual installation begins. Instead of doing the previous stuff you could have edited wp-config-sample.php and renamed to wp-config.php
Enter Install Info
Like it says you can change later, although you will need to remember your username and password to do that.
- Site title, will show on the site
- username, change this from admin to help it be more secure
- password. Use somethign with letters, numbers, and symbols. hackers always try to get into wp accoutns
- re-enter password, this is easiest if you write your password somewhere else (like an email to yorself or somethign, and then copy and paste twice)
- Enter your email, wp will send you emails about things like comments so this is important
- You can uncheck this because this is just a test site (unless you plan on using it for other reasons)
- Click Install
- same info from form on previous step.
- Don't check this if you are at school
Tables in DB
If you go back to phpMyAdmin you will see the tables WordPress created in the database.